The cold never bothered me anyway! In this beginners class, students will learn basic choreography and vocal technique as they prepare a medley of musical numbers from the hit Broadway musical/movie Disney’s Frozen and Frozen 2. Working as an ensemble, this class builds the essential musical theatre skills for emerging musical theatre stars!
Musical Theatre Classes at this Age Range work on:
• Understanding basic movement to music
• Being introduced to proper breath control while singing
• Introductions to musical structure and melody
• Maintaining vocal volume while moving
• Learning stage directions and theatre vocabulary
• Understanding spacing (finding their window) during choreographed numbers
• Using loud, clear voices
• Moving as a specific character
• Filling a song with clear and distinct character choices
• Working as an ensemble
• Exercising discipline as they work toward the goal of the show
• Having an absolute blast
NCT’s focus is always the healthy development of young people. We believe that the skills that students learn while participating in the process of theatre will serve them in their everyday lives as well as provide a foundation if they choose to continue to more advanced work (which we hope they do!).
Learn more about NCT’s Teaching Philosophy by www.nashvillechildrenstheatre.org/teaching-philosophy
NCT offers free extended care for our families. Before Care opens at 7:30 am and After Care closes at 5:30 pm. You can add this service during registration or on a day-to-day basis during the camp week. Extended care consists of supervised unstructured free time. Students are welcome to bring a book or electronic device (that NCT is not responsible for). Additionally, NCT provides coloring sheets, board games, marble towers, etc for students who are interested. Also, during after care, we will also have a daily option of a G or PG-rated children’s movie playing as an activity choice.