They’re creepy and they’re kooky, mysterious and spooky, they’re altogether ooky… In this class, students will learn ‘snappy’ choreography and vocal technique as they prepare a medley of popular musical numbers from the Broadway musical The Addams Family! Working as an ensemble, this class builds the essential musical theatre skills for emerging musical theatre stars!
This camp will culminate in a performance, or “sharing,” on Friday afternoon in our main auditorium.
Musical Theatre Classes at this Age Range work on:
• Understanding intermediate choreography
• Learning about proper breath control while singing
• Understanding musical structure and harmonies
• Maintaining vocal volume while dancing
• Learning stage directions and theatre vocabulary
• Understanding spacing during complex group numbers (finding their window)
• Using loud, clear voices
• Moving as a specific character
• Filling a song with clear and distinct character choices
• Working as an ensemble
• Exercising discipline as they work toward the goal of the show
• Having an absolute blast
NCT’s focus is always the healthy development of young people. We believe that the skills that students learn in the process of play-building will serve them in their everyday lives as well as provide a foundation if they choose to continue to more advanced work (which we hope they do!).
Learn more about NCT’s Teaching Philosophy by www.nashvillechildrenstheatre.org/teaching-philosophy
NCT offers free extended care for our families. Before Care opens at 7:30 am and After Care closes at 5:30 pm. You can add this service during registration or on a day-to-day basis during the camp week. Extended care consists of supervised unstructured free time. Students are welcome to bring a book or electronic device (that NCT is not responsible for). Additionally, NCT provides coloring sheets, board games, marble towers, etc for students who are interested. Also, during after care, we will also have a daily option of a G or PG-rated children’s movie playing as an activity choice.